Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Temporary New York State of Mind...

So here we are...almost two days down and I am already fearing Friday. When I walked off the plane and into the city I have to be honest...it was as if I was home as cheesy as it sounds. The night before I left I was more excited than I had been in a long time. I couldn't sleep. I was ready to get out of Naples, ready to see a different scene and just wanting to be in a city with culture and a nightlife.
Since I've been in the sitting I've found myself envying all of the people that ive here. I know that they aren't all living the great life or have lots of money but they are in a place with more variety and walks of life than maybe any other place in the world. Living in Naples and coming to a place like New York City you find yourself feeling like an ant in the Sahara. The weird thing about it is that it doesn't create a sense of fear but a sense of comfort. You know that with all those people there has to be someone who will accept you, someone who will want you and someone who will be there for you.
I love the fast-paced lifestyle and the fact that somehow with all the craziness everyone in the city just kind of meshes together and runs smoothly. I don't want to leave...

No comments: