Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home is where....?

One thing I've realized is that home is never the way you left it. It has nothing to do with the people that live there or the places that have been built up since you parted ways with your old stomping grounds but because of the change that has taken place with you. I came home for a short weekend trip to see my brother before he headed back to college and it was one of the best times being home that I remember in a long time.

I look back on the times I came home from school and would feel out of place and wondered what in the world I was still coming back for. This trip opened my eyes to see that it was all what had happened to me and not where I had left.

There was no depressing moment of feeling like I've missed out and not much of a "Hey I really miss living here" feeling. I see my family often so I don't really have a need to come back home but it was different this time...more enjoyable...making me more comfortable with the idea of returning here more often.

To put my weekend in the shortest post possible, Home is where the heart is because one thing that never changes is the love of family and all that goes along with them.

No comments: