Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All songed out...

So its 3:30 in the morning and I have no idea...(thats concrete anyway) as to why Im still up. Ive been in this writing rut lately and it has been bothering me. I have so many ideas to write down...ideas of change and movement in the world but its all new to me...I have never stretched myself to write songs with these ideas at the center.

Give me a break up, tell me a sad story or kick me when I'm down and I can give you a 3 minute summation of whats going on...but put me in a world where our economy is in the toilet, children are forced to be slaves to the war in their own countries and aids and poverty have a death grip that wont let go and I feel defenseless.

I have the words...maybe its the music that isnt there. Maybe Ive finally run out of my musical knowledge and its time to refuel. So starting tonight (Tuesday January 20th 2009) at 12:00 midnight I am going to close myself off to part of the entertainment business. Im unplugging my tv, putting away the video game controllers and picking up a book and some headphones.

I want to dive into the world of creativity and listen to all those albums Ive wanted to be reacquainted with for so long. I have a few books ive started and want to finish. I need to tap into this side for awhile. Im not putting a time limit on it...just until I feel comfortable and wont be numbed to art, beautiful and actual art.

Feel free to give me ideas as to books to read and music to listen to. I want to experience as many things as I can...thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an album cover to me!!!!
Keep the music going!!